With Christmas now behind us, ’tis the season for hoping to live a better, more fulfilling life in the following year. I’ll save you the work of coming up with a list of resolutions for 2016. Here are 10 New Year’s Resolutions Every Christian Should Make:
- Resolve to stay faithful to Jesus Christ. He is the one Truth, Way and Life. There’s no reason to look elsewhere.
- Resolve to not let anything – a career, a significant other, social media, a house – become an object of worship.
- Resolve to watch your language and not speak any destructive talk, especially involving the name of God.
- Resolve to prevent burnout by putting aside work one day a week. Trust God to provide for your needs that day and just enjoy the time He’s given you.
- Resolve to talk to your parents on a regular basis, and show them love and respect.
- Resolve to be angry less. Channel any feelings of rage, which Jesus said are as severe as murder, into worshiping God and serving others.
- Resolve to honour your commitment to your spouse. Whether in thought or in deed, stay pure and loyal in the union God made.
- Resolve to not take anything that’s not yours, including stuff you can hold and put in your pocket, and plenty that you can’t, like music downloads, streaming movies and hours on your timecard.
- Resolve to speak about others only with truth and love, not gossip.
- Resolve to be content with what you have, and not worry about that others are amassing.
If these sound familiar, good! SHARE these New Year’s resolutions to encourage people to live a life that honours God.
Originally posted at Christian Post